Hello everyone! I have a chock full post for you today! So let’s get started.
A couple of weeks ago, Jennifer McGuire (she’s amazing!) posted a video of what she calls a “Display Frame Card”. It’s a card that when opened, a display window opens up where a scene can be created. This type of card opens up so many opportunities to show your creativity. Using the 5×7 version like I did gives you so much real estate to add all the elements your heart desires. I used the fantastic May 2021 My Monthly Hero Kit from Hero Arts (you need to RUN and grab this if it’s still available – SO GOOD!)
To create my frame, I used basic rectangle dies and the partial die cutting technique to create the window. I worked like a charm. Check out my video see how I was able to cut the window.
Here are the dimensions you will need to create a 5×7 card.
- 1 piece of heavy weight cardstock cut to 10×7
- 1 piece of heavy weight cardstock cut to 5 1/2×7
- On the 10×7 piece, with the 10″ side at the top…
- Score at 5″ (this should be the middle)
- Score at 1 1/2″ from one edge
- One the 5 1/2×7 piece, with the 5 1/2 side at the top…
- Score at 1 1/2″ on one side
- Score at 1/2″ on the other side.
Want to see how it all comes together??? Check out my video on my YouTube Channel for instructions on this craft and more!
What’s that great Amazon find, you ask?! It’s this cute desktop Mini Vac! I absolutely love this thing! It picked up all the spilled embossing powder I had creating this project.
Here are a couple of links to some of the products I used to create this project.
- Accent Opaque White 120 lb Cardstock – https://amzn.to/3pTm6UG
- Desktop Mini Vac – https://amzn.to/3yjFWhw
Thanks for stopping by. Enjoy!
Robin, The Delta Crafter